Starting Your Smile Journey
At Kurt Kavanaugh Orthodontics, we believe everyone deserves a healthy, beautiful smile that they can feel truly proud of.
Dr. Kurt Kavanaugh and our highly trained team of smile specialists will work closely with you to design a personalized treatment plan that perfectly suits your unique orthodontic needs and lifestyle.
Your First Appointment
What to Expect
Your free consultation is the first step on your journey towards a beautiful new smile. As you get acquainted with our team, we’ll discuss your orthodontic needs and begin to discuss your options for treatment.
We'll also likely take measurements and records such as X-rays, photos, and scans of your teeth, all of which will help us diagnose your orthodontic situation and develop a detailed treatment plan.
Expect to spend about 60 minutes at your first appointment. This will give us plenty of time to get all of the information we need and also to answer any questions you may have.
What to Ask
We want you to feel confident and comfortable about the specifics of your smile journey — and that starts with patient education.
We encourage you to ask questions, and we promise we’ll take the time to discuss everything with you in detail and address any concerns you may have.
Here are some typical topics we’ll cover at your first visit:
- Do you have an orthodontic condition?
- Should we start treatment right away, or would it be better to wait until a later date?
- What treatment options are available to you?
- Will we need to extract any permanent teeth?
- How long will your treatment take?
- What will treatment cost?
- Will insurance cover your treatment? What are your financial options?
What to Bring
To get your smile journey off to a solid start — and to ensure we have the most up-to-date information possible — we ask that you please bring the following to your first appointment:
- Any panoramic X-rays taken within the past six months
- Your insurance card so we can provide an estimate of your treatment costs
Let’s Get Your Smile Started
No matter what your orthodontic condition, Dr. Kavanaugh and the team at Kurt Kavanaugh Orthodontics are here to help you find the smile of your dreams.
Consultations are always free, and we can't wait to hear from you!